Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Week 11 - Reached My First Mini-Goal

Weigh In

Highest Weight: 320lbs
Weight Before Surgery: 311 lbs (-9lbs)
Previous Week: 274.4 lbs  (- 45.6 lbs)
Weigh In: 269 lbs (-5.4 lbs)
Total Lost: 51 lbs
Total Lost Since Surgery: 42 lbs

The Journey

I celebrated my birthday this week and it was special. Not special like a number or anything, but special because it was one of the healthiest birthdays I've had in a long time. And, as a plus, it wasn't really focused around food, as it was in the past. Before surgery, I used to go to an Italian restaurant that had all you can eat bread, pasta, and salad. But I didn't do that this time. This time I just went out to a movie.

And I felt really healthy this birthday. I didn't have to use the wheelchair anymore. It felt good to be alive and not be held down by the health problems I had in the past. And losing weight was a bonus!

I noticed my hair was starting to thin out. I wasn't too concerned; I knew this would happen. And it would grow back.

I also reached my first mini-goal, which was to lose 50lbs. My next mini-goal I would do in 25lb increments.

Lab Work

My labs came in from a few weeks ago. My B6 was high and zinc was low, To fix this, I went on the Costco multivitamin and stopped taking the B Complex.  I also started taking the vitalady plan minus the iron and B complex.

PCP Visits

I went into see my PCP for the first time since surgery. He refused to give me anti-nausea meds, despite my vomiting still. I explained how it was common after surgery but he didn't care. I needed a new PCP!

NSVs

The good part about saving all of your clothes that became too small at one point in your life is when you finally lose weight, you can just open your closet and pick something out that fits :)

I tried these on this week and amazingly they fit. Before surgery, I wasn't so lucky!

This black dress was a size 3 from Torrid that I hadn't worn for years.
Another size 3 dress from Torrid.










No comments:

Post a Comment