Friday, June 14, 2013

Week 15 - HUGE NSV!!





Weigh In

Highest Weight: 320lbs
Weight Before Surgery: 311 lbs (-9lbs)
Previous Week: 262 lbs  (- 58 lbs)
Weigh In: 261 lbs (-1 lbs)
Total Lost: 59 lbs
Total Lost Since Surgery: 50 lbs

Before Surgery:




Week 15:


The Journey

This week I decided to increase my protein to see if that helped my lack of energy. I was only getting in 76-80g a day when I should be getting in a minimum of 90g with no exercise, or 120g if I do exercise.

I also realized that I can do anything I want to exercise and fitness- wise. Obviously not at this particular moment, but as far as goals, anything was possible. Nothing was holding me back anymore. The weight was slowly coming off. In the past, the weight definitely held me back from trying different programs. But now that it was coming off, the sky was the limit!

So I ended up ordering a few things: Just Dance 4 and Chalean Extreme.
I even looked up some workouts online. I had to pause it a few times and took it slow but I finished it. I woke up with sore abs and was happy because that meant I was getting stronger :) I even did a P90X Shoulder and Arms workout and Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVD.




What I Have Been Eating Lately



Tacos with no shell, extra sour cream and cheese. This is actually 2 meals here.

BBQ hot dogs and hamburgers :) First time using this BBQ in 2 years!


Didn't eat the potatoes but had some tri-tip at a restaurant, loaded in gravy and butter for fat, and took the rest home for 6 more meals.

Typical breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/4 cup cheese, 2 bacon = 26g protein


Breadless pizza

NSVs

I had a HUGE NSV this week. I ended up donating my wheelchair, rollator, and cane to Goodwill. I no longer needed them. This was huge. I had been tied down to those things for years. And now it was time to say goodbye to them; to say goodbye to the person I once was.

It was an emotional day and I was crying, realizing how far I'd come. My life at one time had revolved around the wheelchair, as I couldn't walk anywhere.

I made myself sit in the chair to remember. It was less snug than it was a few months ago when I wasn't in control of my life and was in this chair. I felt trapped in that body. I didn't know if it was going to get better or not due to the insurance battle. Every day I would wake up praying for surgery. I remembered how life was in this chair, who I was in this chair, only a few months ago, and I felt so bad for her.

Before I was even able to afford a wheelchair, I was stuck in bed. I had to have people help me move around. The biggest NSV was being able to donate this because I got my freedom back. It was exhilarating.

No comments:

Post a Comment