Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 18 - My First Social Outing Since Surgery

Weigh In

Highest Weight: 320lbs
Weight Before Surgery: 311 lbs (-9lbs)
Previous Week: 255.9 lbs  (- 64.1 lbs)
Weigh In: 252.9 lbs (-3 lbs)
Total Lost: 67.1 lbs
Total Lost Since Surgery: 58.1 lbs

Before Surgery:


Week 18:



The Journey

This week I started noticing a difference in my arms from my arm workouts. It was my third week of doing Chalean Extreme and I was still doing the Shoulders and Arms from P90X. I enjoyed it, and, I enjoyed my progress.

This week I had my first social outing since surgery. It was outside at a BBQ by the river. I ended up getting sunburned badly despite only being outside for an hour and a half. I didn't end up using sunscreen. It was also a day of poor planning. I didn't even eat for the first time until 1:30PM. Needless to say, I was behind of fluids and protein by the time I got outside. It was 86 degrees outside and I should have been sipping my fluids like I know I am supposed to. I was embarrassed to look like the outsider, I guess, and distracted by having fun and being able to get out of the house for once, and I didn't. So, in addition to a sunburn, I also got dehydrated. Lessons learned! I ended up with a headache and an overall feeling of being parched. By the end of the day I was able to get in 12 glasses of water but still felt dehydrated. Perhaps I should have had something other than water.

There was a big hike down to the river. I knew there was no way I would have been able to do this before surgery, so it was a pretty big NSV for me. Emotionally, I was a little different. I noticed my social anxiety was there still. Before surgery, it was there a little, partly due to my insecurities of being overweight and being bullied about in public in the past. Now, it was different and a little elevated. I was nervous about seeing people I had seen before, and new people. Would I be judged like I was before by bullies? How did people view me now? Would I just seem like some weirdo with health issues now or that girl that eats a special diet? It made me so nervous.

Overall, though, my week was good. I was able to learn from my mistakes and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment