Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Week 2

Weigh-In

Highest Weight: 320lbs
Weight Before Surgery: 311lbs (-9lbs)
Weigh In on December 18, 2012: 293.8lbs (-17.2lbs)
Total Lost: 26.2lbs
Total Lost Since Surgery: 17.2lbs

Before Surgery:

 2 Weeks Post-Op:



First Week Back Home

It was a bumpy ride on the way back home from the hotel. I didn't bring a pillow along for the trip home but luckily the hotel let us take one of theirs. Otherwise, the seat belt would have been a nightmare!

Once I got home I had a hard time getting my fluids in daily. I was struggling just to stay awake. Being up only 5 hours a day made it impossible to get my 64oz of fluids in. I tried taking the protein shakes I mixed up like usual but I started getting nauseous with those as well. I thought maybe it was the brand. I bought some Atkins Strawberry shakes at the store and tried those but ended up getting nauseous as well. I remembered that only iced water I could tolerate so I added ice to the shakes to try but it still made me nauseous. So, I then tried the grape flavored Isopure again but it was too thick for me. Other than water and sugar free popsicles, I was at a loss at what to do for fluids.

So I went back and tried egg drop soup but for some reason it felt like it was giving me a huge gas bubble in my esophagus. I slowed down. Nothing was really appetizing yet.  I ate some cheese the week before but for some reason this week it was disgusting. Eggs have been a hit or miss. If it was warm, I could eat it. My doctor cleared me for solid foods but I decided to focus on my fluids for now.

Head hunger was still a problem. My mouth and the rest of my body were on different levels. Now when watching someone else eat pizza or something I used to love, I was okay with, unlike those first few days. I didn't want it so I could sit next to them and not drool no problem. Food disgusted me.

The surgery for me was helping me with my food addiction. I could eat a little bit and be satisfied. I was feeding my body what it needed and was satisfied. It helped me with the mind part of it as well, even though I was only 2 weeks post-op. Before when I'd go on diets, I'd feed my body what I needed but would never feel satisfied. I loved it. It felt like something was finally working for me. I felt positive and like I was going in the right direction, for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment