Friday, June 14, 2013

Weeks 13 and 14






Weigh In

Highest Weight: 320lbs
Weight Before Surgery: 311 lbs (-9lbs)
Previous Week: 267 lbs  (- 53 lbs)
Weigh In: 262 lbs (-5 lbs)
Total Lost: 58 lbs
Total Lost Since Surgery: 49 lbs


Before Surgery:
Week 14:



The Journey


Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Weight loss is a mind game. Here I was 14 weeks out and I still didn't really notice that I had lost any weight. Sure, the numbers were moving and I saw pictures of myself but seeing and believing are two different things.


I ended up going out to breakfast with my grandma. She commented on how she was really noticing the weight loss. This took my by surprise. I still felt like my before picture and I thought that was how others viewed me as well, so I was kind of taken aback by this, but in a good way. I ended up having my husband take a photo of me.
I guess that 4X was getting big. It was too tight going into surgery, as I was a 6X. I kind of see it. But there are days I still feel huge. And then there are days I feel great and physically different and see the changes. I am not sure why I don't feel that everyday; it is like my mind is in a constant struggle to accept the changes I am going through. It is very hard to get your mind wrapped around it all. It is very much a mental journey as well as a physical one.


Or perhaps, I am focusing more on where the end result will be in this journey instead of enjoying where I am at today. I need to take it slower, take it day by day, and enjoy every part of my journey and stop worrying where I am at.



And there are days where I don't feel very motivated like a lot of people. But I keep telling myself I can do it and move forward. After all, I am only one person, and some things you just don't have much control over, so there is not much else you can do other than move in the right direction and stay positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment