Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Week 19

Weigh In

Highest Weight: 320lbs
Weight Before Surgery: 311 lbs (-9lbs)
Previous Week: 252.9 lbs  (- 67.1 lbs)
Weigh In: 251.6 lbs (-1.3 lbs)
Total Lost: 68.4 lbs
Total Lost Since Surgery: 59.4 lbs

Before Surgery:



Week 19:



The Journey: Hair Loss

I knew it was normal to lose hair after surgery. I figured there was nothing I could do about it and I just had to let it happen. And I knew that it falls out and I was losing a lot of it, I just didn't realize how much until this week.

Our vacuum cleaner broke down. The suction didn't seem to work anymore. I thought it was just old but my husband said he would look at it. What he found in there, shocked me. I wanted to take a photo of it but was far too embarrassed. In it, was some of my hair that had actually clogged up the vacuum. There was so much of it, it looked like a wig for shoulder-length hair! After this incidence, I decided to up my protein intake to see if that helped, as I had read somewhere that lack of protein can make losing hair worse. So, I upped my protein shakes to three times a day.

I had also heard cutting your hair short helps as well. I wasn't really in favor of short hair, I'd always had mine long. Shoulder length would probably be the shortest I'd be willing to go.

Goals

My therapist thought I should set goals every 25 lbs lost. When I reached them, I should celebrate it in some non-food way. So for my next goal, losing 75lbs total, I decided that I would get my hair done. I hadn't had my hair done since before surgery. And, I figured, I should get it cut short because of all of the hair loss.

Changes

This week I also noticed big changes happening in my body. Every time I'd notice one, I'd mutter a, "whoa! Look at this!" My husband would laugh as , to him, it wouldn't be a big change; but to me, it was. Specifically, my arms were starting to get harder from gaining muscle, or , having access to it now from losing some of the fat over it; and also, I was starting to notice some definition. And I loved what I was seeing; it made me want to exercise even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment