Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Week 7


Weigh-In:
 
Highest Weight: 320lbs
Weight Before Surgery: 311 lbs (-9lbs)
Previous Week: 288 lbs  (- 32 lbs)
Weigh In: 284.2 lbs (-3.8 lbs)
Total Lost: 35.8 lbs
Total Lost Since Surgery: 26.8 lbs

Before Surgery:



Week 7:


The Journey

I was so excited to be over the stall! Stalling is such a mind game and it just plain sucks. It's good for your body but the mind part of it, it can drive you crazy. It can make you totally frustrated and you feel like you are doing something wrong, even though others may tell you that you are doing everything right. I knew stalls happen from time to time but I was still frustrated. I waited it out and it passed. I was happy to be back on the losing part of the journey again.

I ventured out to the movies this week to see Les Miserables. I was totally stressed on what to eat, as I should be eating something every couple of hours. I brought a jar of peanut butter and a spoon in my purse. But I wanted some popcorn. Before surgery I'd get the refillable bag and eat both. I knew I couldn't do that this time. I was aware that some DSers eat popcorn as a snack and, as much as I wanted some, I'll admit, I was nervous on trying it. So I didn't this time.

 When there was 10 minutes left of the movie, my stomach was starting to rumble, which it hadn't done since right after surgery. It usually meant I had to go to the bathroom -- now! I kept thinking to myself, Oh dear God, please let the movie be over! I didn't want to get up and leave before it ended so I tried to hold it in. When the credits hit, I was out the door, almost at a run towards the bathroom. It was diarrhea. I thought it was just once. I got up to leave but nope it was happening again. Other patrons in the bathroom commented on the smell. I was so embarrassed.  One even said, "do you smell that? That is why I hate using public restrooms." I was beyond mortified. I think it was the snack I had before the movie: a breaded mozzarella cheese stick. I was still under my carbs for the day but bread is a no-no. Lesson learned!

After the movies, I ordered a double bacon cheeseburger at Dennys. This was about 4 meals. Not sure why I ordered a double. The server commented on how I hardly ate anything. I was embarrassed again.

I started a new acid reflux medicine, Prevacid, as I kept waking up at night with reflux going into my lungs. It burned and the next day I would be wheezy from it like it was asthma-related but it was just the reflux. I started noticing a difference right away with the new medication. I also decided to give up the sausage and hot dogs for now, as those may be aggravating the reflux.

So far, I was excited with my progress, both number wise and health wise. I had lost almost 36 lbs total so far, which was more than I could do pre-op. And the biggest thing was that it was staying off. I was happy and grateful for my miracle surgery. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment